Wash the jars and dry well: make sure there is no water left or your dry ingredients will not like it.
*Triple Chocolate Cookie Mix*
In this order, place in the jar:
1 3/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
(you can also mix those three ingredients in a bowl first and them pour them in the jar)
1/2 cup granulated or caster sugar
3/4 cup packed of demerara sugar (better than brown sugar as most brown sugar found in shops are actually white sugar with molasses)
1 1/2 cups white, milk, dark chocolate chips (I find that handmade chips are nicer)
To make sure the edges are as straight as possible, tap the jar after each ingredients and press with a slim Jim glass for example.
Write the instructions down on a cute label, piece of paper or else and attach it to the jar.
- Preheat the oven to 180/190C.
- Beat 3/4 cup softened butter with 1 egg and a teaspoon of vanilla extract in a large bowl, until well blended.
- Add the cookie mix and mix thoroughly to avoid any lumps.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon or with an ice-cream scoop onto a baking sheet covered with grease-proof paper.
- Bake for 8-10 mins
- Let cool on baking sheet for 2 mins and transfer on wire rack to cool completely.
*White Chocolate & Cranberries Muffin Mix*
In this order, in the jar:
1 teaspoon baking powder
100gr granulated or caster sugar
25gr demerara sugar
a thin layer of processed oat > to your liking
1 cup dried cranberries
100gr white chocolate handmade chips
Same as previous jar regarding the label.
- Preheat the oven to 175C.
- Melt 125gr butter and allow to cool.
- Add 1 egg, 150ml milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract to the cool melted butter and mix well.
- Add the muffin mix to the wet ingredients and mix well until blended.
- Spoon into muffin cases up to the 2/3 full
- Bake for 20-25 mins until golden and cooked through.